Just a few randoms I've gathered in my time as a wife and mommy..
No one cares how high the Costco bill is, but Target is of the devil.
Clothes belong in "organized" piles on the ground.
Nothing belongs to you. Not your meals, your electronics, your breasts, or the private time you take to go to the bathroom.
Swim diapers are crap. You're better off swimming with your bare-bummed baby.
Daddy eats just as many snacks as baby does.
Embracing the tantrums requires far less energy than fighting them. Pull all the bags of chips off the shelf together. That's what employees are for, right?
Grandparents are heaven sent.
Making time for the temple is worth it. Even if it's the only time you find all week.
There's nothing better than watching your lover play with your baby.
Do your hair and make up every day. It helps you remember that there is a person you used to know under the nursing pads and panty liners.
Equip yourself with a list of responses to cranky ladies who comment on the volume of your existence at the store.
Husbands come before babies. Always.
And for the record, we have passed the halfway mark as far as uterine activity is concerned in this house. With Brianne, I was thrilled and wished time would go faster. This time, I'm a little off-put. 22 weeks? Really? When am I going to make our spring wreath for our kitchen?
22 Weeks Stats:
Weight gain: Total weight gain to date is 2.5 pounds. If we're halfway through, that means only 2.5 more pounds to go, right?
Movements: Tons! I love this part.
Cravings: Wings n Things, Costco chocolate muffins, and Coke.
Sleep: Wonderful.
Movements: Tons! I love this part.
Cravings: Wings n Things, Costco chocolate muffins, and Coke.
Sleep: Wonderful.
Best moment this week: Feeling lots of real, big, baby kicks!
Gender: Girl, of course.
Labor signs: Had a bit of a scare this week. After a few hours in the hospital it turned out, I was dehydrated and had sore muscles. Shocker. Ever since, Ryan has been making darn sure I have a water bottle in hand at all times. Love him.
Belly button: In.
What I miss: Being skinny, and not hurting at any given time throughout the day.
What I'm looking forward to: Holding and nursing Leighton. I love nursing my babies.
Weekly wisdom: Water.
Milestones: Halfway mark. Yay?
Gender: Girl, of course.
Labor signs: Had a bit of a scare this week. After a few hours in the hospital it turned out, I was dehydrated and had sore muscles. Shocker. Ever since, Ryan has been making darn sure I have a water bottle in hand at all times. Love him.
Belly button: In.
What I miss: Being skinny, and not hurting at any given time throughout the day.
What I'm looking forward to: Holding and nursing Leighton. I love nursing my babies.
Weekly wisdom: Water.
Milestones: Halfway mark. Yay?

Swim diapers are purely for catching poo in the water. They really serve no other purpose than this. :)
ReplyDeletelove this post - the Costco bill scenario is so true. Which is why I am SO glad Costco carries clothes, make-up and all sorts of other goodies. :)
ReplyDelete