| Ignore the B sized finger prints. This is my last pregnancy photo with L, the night before. |
I'm not quite sure why, but somewhere around my 35 week mark with L, I lost my marbles. I was constantly thinking of ways I could possibly have a healthy baby asap.
Leighton's birth story really started on Monday, the 19th. I was 37 and a half weeks, and in my mind, all my body needed was a little kick start. That evening, I researched all the possible ways to put yourself into labor. I broke down and tried pumping. I pumped a couple times that evening and it brought on pretty strong, regular contractions, but they only lasted about an hour at a time.
Tuesday, I woke up and did the same thing, and got the same results. I decided I was just going to walk myself into labor. For anybody who knows me well, this is saying a lot. I don't like walking even when I'm not pregnant. Like at all. So I got B in the stroller and packed us lunch because I was planning to be out all day. I walked about 6 miles and realized I hadn't felt L kicking yet that day and it was almost noon. I called the doctor, and they sent me to the hospital to be monitored. Ryan was at work so our Mom came and picked me up somewhere on Carmel Mtn. Road. They monitored me for about half an hour, and of course everything was fine. After we got home, I lay my ache-y, over sized body on the couch and began to feel a little ridiculous.
Wednesday, I sat around all day seriously regretting the previous day. I realized I was being ridiculous and decided I would just wait the week and a half till I could be induced.
Thursday was Ryan's day off. At my 38 week appointment, Dr. Maresh told me I was 1.5 cm dilated. and he desperately wanted to go on a family walk, knowing that was probably one of the only times I would be desperate enough to agree. He loves family walks. Poor guy. So we walked around the neighborhood and we went to the beach that evening and walked some more. Once we put B to bed that evening, I mentioned to Ryan how hard of a time I had been having being so great with child. He said something along the lines of,: "It's okay, you only have 11 days left." That's when I snapped. 11 more days? Every resolve I had to be patient went completely out the window. Let it be known that upon my complaining about the irregular contractions, he also suggested I take some Tylenol. Ha. Thursday night was spent pumping and pacing around the house through contractions. Ryan looked at me like he was afraid of me all night. I told Ryan late Thursday night that I was going to the hospital in the morning. He pretended to believe me.
| Highly flattering labor photo. |
We are absolutely in love with our newest baby girl. We are so completely blessed to have our little family. We're exhausted, but loving it. Ryan is home, which is amazing. And we are braving our first family day out tomorrow. We're going to Grandma's house all day for Conference. Wish us luck!
| B adores her baby sister, but Yo Gabba Gabba usually comes first. Priorities. |
Thank goodness she is here safe and sound. She is so beautiful! When I was in labor with Ryan the nurse said, "Sometime tomorrow you'll have this baby. I seriously wanted to kill her." There was no way I was waiting one more day. I was having that baby TODAY! It took me until nearly midnight, but I did it!
ReplyDelete