![]() |
| 2009 |
February 6, 2012
Best Friend
Ryan's work schedule is made about a month in advance usually. Now on the one hand, it's kind of nice because we know what's going on well in advance. But on the flip side, it makes for extremely difficult short-term planning. On more than one occasion, something has come up and Ryan has had to just figure out how to move his days around. Getting my wisdom teeth out was one of these situations. I went ahead and scheduled my surgery asap for a few reasons: (1) They have needed to come out for far too long, but I am always pregnant. (2) The babies would need to be at our parents house for an extended amount of time and Melanie is greater with child every day. (3) I am scared to freakin' death of getting any dental/orthodontic work done. (I mean tears before regular cleanings) so this was a now or never type of situation. So last week, I told Ryan he'd need to be home for the weekend, and he made it happen. He worked an extra day at the beginning of the week, and on Saturday, he took the girls to John and Melanie's while he worked. It was awesome. I got caught up on chores and spent about a million hours on the couch watching Gossip Girl. I confessed to Ryan that I'm a little bit glad I waited until now to have the surgery because he and our parents were so good to me. I spent the week whining to Melanie about how awfully I was dreading the procedure and how I was sure not to survive. She assured me I would, in fact live and even gave me some of her magic non-swelling gel for afterward. That's something I love about talking to our mom.. When she says it's going to be okay, you believe her. She has a way with comfort. Then there's Ryan. While I would never accuse him of having a way with comforting words, he was such a sweetheart. He stayed up till 3am with me the night before while I cried and got up bright and early to help with the girls. When we got home, he spent the day cleaning the house and waking me up to take my medication and put more magic gel on. After he brought the girls home, he even took them out grocery shopping. He spent the remainder of the weekend worrying about me and helping with the chores. He's my favorite ever. Although he's been home most of the weekend, I feel like I miss him. (Maybe because I was passed out for the better part of Friday and Saturday). We haven't had alone time in a little while and after all, he's my best friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

considering how much you hate grocery shopping, that seems like a big thing by itself!! =) glad you made it through alive.
ReplyDeleteSo glad it's over and you don't have to think about it any more! When I woke up after getting mine out, I didn't believe they had done the surgery. I kept asking, "Why are we leaving?" That's how out of it I was!
ReplyDelete