I've mentioned before, how in love with my sweet siblings I am. They're amazing people, and I worry about them often, as they are faced with much confusion and frustration in their lives on a daily basis. Though they have seen many a trial and tribulation in their day, they are strong, confident human beings. This week, I am dedicating to them in a series of letters ordered by age.
Sara,
I don't tell you nearly enough how dearly I love you. You are a best friend to me, and a beautiful woman. Obviously, you are gorgeous outwardly, but you also have a sweet, thoughtful, intelligent soul. Words can't express how much I can relate to what you are going through in your life right now. You are on the brink of adult-hood and have many significant decisions to be made. I understand the feeling of urgency to get out of Mom and/or Dad's household and the frustration that those relationships can bring. Don't lose sight of your youth, as this will likely be one of your favorite times of your life. Enjoy the time you have before you carry the responsibility of being an adult. Now, no one understands more than I the confusion mom and dad can instill in your mind as far as the gospel. One parent mocks, while the other uses gospel principles to belittle others. I don't know exactly where your mind is on this matter, but I do know your heart. Please never forget what a treasured daughter of our Heavenly Father you are. I know you already know that. There is a quote by CS Lewis which a think of daily: "God is not hurried along in the time-stream of this universe any more than an author is hurried along in the imaginary time of his own novel. He has infinite attention to spare for each one of us. He does not have to deal with us in the mass. You are as much alone with Him as if you were the only being He had ever created. When Christ died, He died for you individually just as much as if you had been the only man in the world." It brings so much comfort to know that your thoughts and struggles are valued so highly in the mind of our Lord. It makes me so excited to think of all that you will accomplish in life. You have such a kind heart and an able mind. As you go about choosing how you want to live your life, remember to always have perspective. There are very few things in this life we get to take with us through eternity. Family is one of those sweet blessings. I know a handsome, worthy man will find you someday. I want you to know that I know for a fact, a temple marriage is the most important thing a girl can strive for. In the end, the only thing that will matter is the fact that you have your best friend with you for all eternity. Lastly, I know you are going to be an amazing mom. All joking aside, you have a nurturing, and patient heart. You are going to make some sweet spirits so very lucky one day not so far away. I can't imagine a better person for the job. There are spirits watching you in heaven and waiting for the opportunity to come to earth. Please understand your infinite potential. You have such a sweet spirit and I am thankful for you each and every day. Do not settle for less than you are capable of, and never lose hold of your divine role on this earth. I love you so so very much. You are so precious to our Heavenly Father and you will make decisions that bring Him and yourself greater joy than you can imagine in this moment. I see that in you each and every day.
I listen to these songs often when I need peace in my heart. Maybe they will be a comfort to you as well.
I love you sweet sister,
Molly
No comments:
Post a Comment