April 30, 2012

Cloth Diapers

When I was pregnant with L, I read this, written by a fellow blog mom I stumbled upon a year or so ago. She is in almost the exact point in her life I am, and I adore her posts so I gave cloth diapering some serious consideration and research. The money saving aspect was particularly appealing to us, as we were about to be purchasing disposables for double the baby bums. I researched it a bit, but not a ton, and Ryan was so not down with it. I'm not totally sure how, but the subject came up in our house again recently. Probably because we've been re-working our budget lately, and diapering two babies is so. many. dollars. One of my visiting teachers happens to cloth diaper her little girl as well, so she gave me a few tips and tricks as well. Last week, I finally made the plunge and ordered all the goods (here+here+here+here+here). We started them on Ryan's day off, so that we'd both be home since we figured it'd be an adjustment. I was a little intimidated by the idea of the first poopy diaper, but it was a breeze! I have literally asked myself everyday this week why we didn't switch them over earlier! It's so so easy, and saves TONS of money! Not to mention, they're super cute. Win win win!

2 comments:

  1. You made a good choice!! We did cloth for 18 months with Maggie. We used all bumgenius diapers and the cloth diaper liners. We also used bamboo cloth wipes and loved those too! We sold all our supplies on craigslist since we knew we'd be moving to student housing with coin laundry. Makes it a lot harder. But I wish I were still doing it. I'm proud of you for taking the plunge, it is definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet lady! Found your blog via Kendi Everyday and am SO GLAD that I did! I love finding sisters in Christ who blog; it's like finding a diamond in the rough! I'm your newest follower. xoxo

    ReplyDelete