Last night, I made a late night trip to Target after the crazies were in bed. Hallelujah. I love when Ryan sends me to Target by myself. Anyway, on my way home I saw an owl fly over me. This is the second time this has ever happened to me, but let me tell you folks.. There is just something so special and even majestic about these animals. Okay, I'm a nerd. Whatever. Maybe it's because they're so rarely spotted. Maybe it's because they're on Harry Potter. Whatever the source of excitement, it was pretty cool. I was grateful for a moment to stop and remember what a perfectly created planet we occupy. And what a blessing it is to see the works of Christ all around us. It got me to remembering these moments I used to have as a teenager, where I felt the spirit in a random activity and felt gratitude burning from within me. Specifically, I remember feeling this way when they presented the National Anthem at my high school football games. Now, the National Anthem gets me in any scenario but I think my surroundings contributed even more to my emotions at the time. I loved high school. I had amazing friends, and I went to an awesome school, #1 in the state, thankyouverymuch. I remember standing, hand-over-heart, next to my dear friends and realizing that I really had everything a teenage girl could ever want. More importantly, I belonged to the Land of the Free. And what a glorious land it is. These moments made themselves known less frequently then than they do now. Now I am blessed to have been trusted with stewardship over two precious beings. Daughters of God are just so special. A lot of the time, they drive me to drink. (coca-cola, that is), but every once in a while, while L and I share a bowl of Mini Wheats and a waffle in silence, she looks up at me with the sweetest stare. How lovely it would be to understand the thoughts of a tiny one. If only for a short while. I would be ever so curious to realize what a sweet thing so close to heaven day dreams about.
October 31, 2012
A Moment in Time
Last night, I made a late night trip to Target after the crazies were in bed. Hallelujah. I love when Ryan sends me to Target by myself. Anyway, on my way home I saw an owl fly over me. This is the second time this has ever happened to me, but let me tell you folks.. There is just something so special and even majestic about these animals. Okay, I'm a nerd. Whatever. Maybe it's because they're so rarely spotted. Maybe it's because they're on Harry Potter. Whatever the source of excitement, it was pretty cool. I was grateful for a moment to stop and remember what a perfectly created planet we occupy. And what a blessing it is to see the works of Christ all around us. It got me to remembering these moments I used to have as a teenager, where I felt the spirit in a random activity and felt gratitude burning from within me. Specifically, I remember feeling this way when they presented the National Anthem at my high school football games. Now, the National Anthem gets me in any scenario but I think my surroundings contributed even more to my emotions at the time. I loved high school. I had amazing friends, and I went to an awesome school, #1 in the state, thankyouverymuch. I remember standing, hand-over-heart, next to my dear friends and realizing that I really had everything a teenage girl could ever want. More importantly, I belonged to the Land of the Free. And what a glorious land it is. These moments made themselves known less frequently then than they do now. Now I am blessed to have been trusted with stewardship over two precious beings. Daughters of God are just so special. A lot of the time, they drive me to drink. (coca-cola, that is), but every once in a while, while L and I share a bowl of Mini Wheats and a waffle in silence, she looks up at me with the sweetest stare. How lovely it would be to understand the thoughts of a tiny one. If only for a short while. I would be ever so curious to realize what a sweet thing so close to heaven day dreams about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You've got a great attitude with lots of gratitude! It is cool to have those moments when you realize how blessed you are. Love you!
ReplyDelete