We have been Friday Night Lights lovers (the show, not the movie) since I was VERY pregnant with L. We used to put B down and lay on the couch together for 2 or 3 episodes a night. No joke, we were addicted. For anyone new to the plot, there is a phrase the football team shouts before each game: "Clear eyes, full hearts... CAN'T LOSE!" I love it. Such a perfect way to approach any challenge, really. I have often considered hanging these words somewhere we could see them when we walked out the door every day. Needless to say, my heart grew even fonder of Team Romney (if that was even possible) when I saw this in my Intsagram feed. Now let me say one thing: I do NOT have a problem with someone who choses different political/social affiliations than I. What I take issue with is the nastiness that has seemed to spew openly from the other side as of late. I have lost multiple Facebook friends due to respectful commentary that simply contradicted what said "friend" states. And honestly, who posts a political opinion on Facebook without expecting any feedback? And just today, as I got out of my car with 2 Romney stickers and wearing my Romney shirt, I almost bumped into an elderly man getting out of his vehicle at the same time. He drew his hands back far away from my person and said, "Woah there, wouldn't want to touch a Romney fan. Don't want any of THOSE germs near me!" Um, really? I am disappointed. This far, I have noticed a very aggressive downward spiral from the left of contention and I can't help but observe that it seems to be in time with the loss of momentum the Obama campaign is experiencing. Don't get me wrong, I have every belief that the President is a good, upstanding husband and father. It is simply my belief that he has failed the country the last 4 years and that we need a true, honest, leader for our great country. I just love this country so much.
Either way, Texas Forever.

Molly
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you! What a beautiful young woman you have become. Wish you and your sweet family lived closer. Charles and I really hope to see you again and meet your beautiful girls and husband (tell him I didn't call him beautiful, just the girls)
Love
Kelli