July 2, 2015

Golden Hour

Solly Baby Wrap

Yesterday was packed full of happy things.

Ryan took everyone down to the basement early in the morning so I could get some sleep. Cary and I spent much of the night before walking/bouncing circles around the outline of our room. He was so miserable that every time he woke up and I offered him milks, he'd bite down hard. We cried together, and then we walked until he calmed down enough to nurse back to sleep. (And then we did the same thing on repeat every hour). My poor boy.

I spent a good amount of our morning/afternoon doing house chores which I thoroughly enjoyed. (Cooking, not so much. But at least the house is clean, right? Baby steps). There's something so therapeutic about housework. Clearing out the clutter and clearing out my mind.

We had a church function at the park last night which we snuck out of a little early to watch the sun set over the mountains; Something we've been meaning to do ever since we moved here. Is it just me, or do Utah summers blow San Diego summers right out of the water? (Blasphemy, I know). Don't get me wrong, the heat of these lengthy summer days just might kill us, but they have a sunset golden hour hear like nothing you've ever seen. Ryan settled himself right into the nearest bench while the girls held a dance-off and Cary & I watched during nurses.


Note Ryan's Cinderella tiara. Best Daddy.





No comments:

Post a Comment