July 3, 2015

#SollyStories

Back in March, our friends at Solly Baby hosted an event for Mother's Day where mothers sent in their favorite moment with their little ones in the wrap. I participated by sending in my story, and they selected me, along with several other gorgeous mamas to come down to their headquarters to be made up and photographed with our babes. It was bliss! I loved hearing each and every one of their stories. This community of mamas is so uplifting + inspiring. My favorite friend, Michaela came with us and snapped some iPhone photos of the process. I was so glad to have her there with me! Everyone was so lovely and sweet. We could never say enough good things about Solly Baby. It was such a dream! Something I'll treasure forever.

Here is my story..

"My name is Molly, and Solly baby gave me the sweetest moment I have experienced yet in my short time as a Mother. I had my 3rd baby (1st boy) back in Oct. of this last year. Prior to that, I spent 2.5 years wanting to be pregnant, and it just wasn't happening for us. Month after month, I grew more discouraged and started to believe a 3rd baby just wasn't going to happen for us. During the hardest of times, I just pictured the moment when they place your new baby on your chest and how it would feel, and that it would all be worth it on that day. We were thrilled to find out we got pregnant last year and even more excited to be having our first boy. Fast forward 9ish months, and I was there. Finally experiencing the instant relief of labor pains and holding my tiny babe tight to my body. That night as I lay in my quiet hospital room, I decided to wrap him in the Solly so we could sleep skin on skin. As I drifted off, I remembered feeling completely broken down and clinging to the hope that I would someday have this exact experience and all at once, the sting of trying for so long faded away and I cried the happiest tears of relief and simple joy. My baby Cary is nearly 5 months old and to this day, every time I wrap him up it reminds me of that first night I got to spent with my sweet miracle baby."
















No comments:

Post a Comment