November 2, 2010

One Year and Counting

Yesterday was Ryan and I's very first anniversary and let me tell you, it was one for the books. We celebrated on Saturday. Let me paint you a picture of what the best day ever looks like:

 Saturday morning B and I took Ryan to work, then came back home to pack and get ready to go. We grabbed lunch and headed up to Nessy Burger (yum) to meet Grandma and Grandpa. I loaded the car up with gas, loaded Brianne up with milk, and I was off. Where was I off to you might ask? I was making my way to meet Melanie, Jenny, and the girls to try on wedding dresses just as quickly as my little car could take me. We had so much fun! We went to Tour of Elegance Bridal which in case you were wondering, is the only place in San Diego that carries modest dresses. They're amazing. I found the perfect dress in no time and to add, Melanie and John were sweet enough to buy the dress for me! It really was amazing, I can't wait to wear it! Also, I can't express how grateful I am to them for being so generous!
A sneak peak of my favorite part of the dress!
 Soon enough, I made my way over to Fashion Valley to find the perfect outfit for our date that evening. We're not even going to get into that.. Long story short, I found the most amazing dress with about five minutes to spare, and came to find that I forgot my debit card in the car. Sweet.

Dress or no dress, I headed down to get Ryan. As I communicated the whole ordeal to him, he pretended be sympathetic to my absolute destitution without a cute new dinner dress. We checked into the hotel and grabbed a cab to Yard House downtown. (Our first taxi ride would necessitate a post of its own). When we returned from dinner to our fancy suite on the 38th floor overlooking downtown, we did some hot-tubbing, then I settled in to bed, remote in hand, to catch up on some cable TV. Ryan desperately wanted to go on a walk. I wasn't feeling it. Seriously. Somehow, he got me out of the room and up to the little club they had on the 40th floor overlooking the bay and the city. After about twenty minutes, I decided it was time to go back to the room. Just as I turned away, Ryan grabbed my hand, got down on one knee, and proposed with a brand new shiny ring. Let me tell you, it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. To preface, I frequently gave him grief about the fact that I had never had a real honest to goodness proposal and I felt extremely cheated out of an imperative life experience. So there he stood on one knee, shaking, ring in hand. And there I was, falling so madly in love with him all over again.
Our fancy shmancy hotel

My new gorgeous wedding ring!
 We walked around downtown till 3 in the morning. Seriously. And we even woke up at seven thirty to eat our breakfast by the water and do some Sunday morning walking around Seaport Village. It was the dream anniversary, and the perfect get away. I could sit here for days and list all the infinite reasons as to why I am so incredibly in love with this amazing person I have the blessing of calling my husband.

And now, a few photos to sum up the rest of our weekend...




1 comment: