I'm not a Thanksgiving fan. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for expressing thanks for the many blessings and luxuries we enjoy. It's not the idea I have a problem with; It's the whole shabang that comes along with it. I'm not into turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, or pie. I'm convinced the rest of the world welcomes Thanksgiving as an official opening to the Christmas season. Let's be honest, is there a better time of year? That being said, the coming holiday season has had me in constant state of thanks. Today, I am thankful for temples. More importantly, I am so grateful to live so very close to one of the most beautiful temples I have ever seen. I love the fact that I can just take Brianne for a walk around the temple grounds when it's a nice day out. (Or even when it's not so nice out). And alas, the official countdown has begun. 7 days from today, I get to go to the most beautiful place, and be sealed to the love of my life and our baby girl for eternity. I can't think of a single Thanksgiving I've ever had more to be grateful for.

No comments:
Post a Comment