August 9, 2011

A Baby, a Belly, and a Hungry Husband

I loathe grocery shopping. So much so, that Ryan finds it humorous. I don't mind going to Costco, but the actual grocery store and I are not friends. It might be partly due to the fact that I don't like any of the food I am shopping for. Lately, I have been dying to eat out every. single. meal. It's terrible. There's also Brianne. She refuses to sit in the seat of the cart, so she roams free in the big part. This means that everything that gets put in the cart with her, gets thrown back out, stepped on, etc. And her grocery store tolerance limit is about twenty minutes, which happens to be mine as well. I don't like the smells of the various foods, and then there is the schlepping of the baby(s) and the bags, and the diaper bag. Once I circle back around and find which isle B threw the keys out in, that is. And did I mention the husband who claims to not want anything at the store, and then complains that our cupboards are lacking? The moral of the story is, grocery shopping is awful.

Our moms have been suggesting online grocery delivery to me for forever now. Last night, while "discussing" when and how to go to the grocery store with Ryan, I finally broke down and gave it a shot. And let me tell you, I've never been more excited in my life. I sat on the couch, by myself, while B slept and added my list to my virtual shopping cart. In all of about 15 minutes, I had checked out and scheduled my groceries to be brought to my front door between 8 and 9 tonight. All while I am sitting in my house, not at the grocery store with a baby, a belly, and a hungry husband.

Bonus: Instead of spending my day grocery shopping, I had lunch with a sweet friend and got all my house chores done in time to enjoy some down time while B naps. Thank you Vons.com

1 comment:

  1. Yay for finally taking the plunge! You deserve the break.

    ReplyDelete