August 17, 2011
Over it (Kind Of)
As of our doctor's appointment yesterday, baby Leighton is on track to make her appearance September 30th. This is in exactly 6 weeks and 2 days away. We are scheduling her, like we did Brianne at 39 weeks. As Ryan and I discussed the logistics of exactly what day to have her on, I began to feel a little queasy. When we scheduled Brianne, Doctor Maresh suggested a date, to which we had no scheduling conflicts. This time around, we so many different events to consider, I could lose my marbles. First of all, she is scheduled to arrive the day before General Conference begins. Ryan's family has a big family get together and spends the whole day at Grandma's house watching Conference together. This is a tradition Ryan doesn't want to miss out on, as it is Grandma's house, and we love Grandma. And everyone else. More importantly, we love Conference and it just isn't the same on a laptop. Then there's the wedding, to which we don't technically know exists because we haven't technically been invited. But then again, neither has anyone else. Awkward. There's also a concert happening 6 days after her expected birth to which I am seriously considering attending with Ryan. You see? Chaos. My pregnant self is thinking screw it all, I don't want to be pregnant another hour longer than I must. In the midst of all this planning, I am feverishly adding essentials to our baby registry, for the discount of course, and coordinating coupons. Today, I'm excited. Little squishy swaddled babies, rocking chairs, newborn diapers, bows, late night feedings, and sisters. I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just got emotional seeing that last line about sisters. How cute to think that little B is going to have a baby sister to play with. They will just be the best of friends. So great to think about and so exciting that you are so close to having 2 sweet little girls in your family :-)
ReplyDelete